HACEF Summer Camp Volunteer Positions
for 2023 Season
STUDENT VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Please Read Below and then Click the Link to Continue to the Application
Please review the camp roster for individual camp details.
2023 Camp Descriptions
The HACEF Summer Camp program is looking for dedicated and committed volunteers (who are entering grades 8 – 12) for Community Service hours this summer! Our volunteer counselors are not only invaluable in helping our camps run smoothly, they serve as leadership models to our younger Harborfields students.
We encourage our volunteers to “match” themselves to camps in which they themselves have a deep interest. Very often, our volunteer counselors’ own enthusiasm, drive, and passion will inspire young campers to continue to pursue a subject! This is also a wonderful opportunity for older students to work alongside experienced instructors who have a depth of knowledge, great for both college resumes and for giving back to our community. You can earn ALL of your first quarter community service hours for the National Honor Society… by helping out with one week of HACEF Summer Camp!
All Summer of 2023 camps will be held at Harborfields Schools except for Getting Ready for Kindergarten which will be at WDPS.
- Age Requirement: HACEF Volunteer Summer Camp Counselor positions are open for students entering grades 8 – 12.
- Age Requirement PER CAMP: Volunteers MUST be at least two grades older than the oldest grade level for the camp. For example, if a camp is open for students grades 5-7, then the volunteer must be AT LEAST 9th grade. Applicants who do not meet this age requirement will not be considered.
- Application: All student volunteers–or their parent/guardian–must complete a separate application form (example shown below) for each of the desired camps they wish to volunteer for. All applications submitted will be reviewed. HACEF has a set limit to the number of required volunteers in each camp.
- Notification: If your child has been selected as a volunteer for a camp, you will be informed within 2 weeks of applying.
- ** Please Note: If a student is not selected as a volunteer for a camp, it may simply be because a large number of applicants have also applied for the same camp. **
- Reference: On your application, you will be asked to list a Harborfields teacher or administrator as a reference. By listing the name, you give HACEF permission to check with this source as a character reference.
- Decision: The decision to place a volunteer is at the sole discretion of the HACEF Summer Camp Directors. HACEF has the right to refuse placement to any volunteer who may not meet our current needs, requirements, and/or placement criteria.