HACEF Camp Student Volunteer Counselor Code of Conduct
- Treat fellow volunteers, students, teachers, and parents with kindness and respect.
- Wear HACEF volunteer identification while volunteering on school premises.
- Do not contact students outside of school hours without permission from the student’s parents.
- Maintain confidentiality of situations you observe to protect a student’s or family’s privacy.
- Report to coordinators or teachers any concerns you have related to student behavior, welfare, and safety.
- Avoid situations where you are left completely alone/unobserved with a child.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries at all times and avoid unwarranted and/or inappropriate touching of a student.
- Avoid assisting in activities of a personal nature that children can do for themselves (changing clothes, using the bathroom). Please wait outside the bathroom when escorting a child. If additional help is required, inform the teacher.
- Do not exchange personal communication information (i.e. phone number, email, social media) with students.
- While you are volunteering, please refrain from using your phone or device. Give your full attention to the students you are working with.
- Do not show students videos or memes of an inappropriate nature. Encourage the student to try and do the activity to the best of his or her ability. Praise for a job well done.
- Set a good example for the students. Avoid negative or inappropriate language.
- If you are unable to perform volunteer duties at any time, please notify the appropriate individuals immediately and with as much notice as possible.
** HACEF reserves the right to modify its Volunteer Policies at any time.
Volunteers who do not adhere to the Code of Conduct or who fail to satisfactorily perform their volunteer assignment at any time are subject to dismissal at any time, with or without cause.